TagsTransfersAbout the authorFreddie TaylorShare the loveHave your say Wolves discuss Coady extension as Liverpool, Arsenal circleby Freddie Taylor9 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveLiverpool and Arsenal are monitoring Wolves defender Conor Coady. The 25-year-old has starred this season for the Black Country club.It is believed Wolves are preparing a brand new contract for the Englishman to ward off any potential suitors.They would be Liverpool and Arsenal, according to the Daily Mail. Both clubs are in need for a centre-back this month. Coady graduated from Liverpool’s academy in 2013 before joining Huddersfield Town a season later.
About the authorCarlos VolcanoShare the loveHave your say Atletico Madrid boss Simeone delighted for Diego Costa after goal in victory at Mallorcaby Carlos Volcanoa month agoSend to a friendShare the loveAtletico Madrid boss Diego Simeone was delighted for Diego Costa after scoring in victory at Real Mallorca.Costa hasn’t had it easy in front of goal lately and his coach is hoping the this strike will lead to more.”We know that strikers live on goals,” Simeone said after the game.”It’s very good for him and for the team.”I’m happy because he needed the goal. He’s one of our most important players in attack and if our forwards play well then it’s easier to win.”
Former Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp believes that three teams are in the running for this season’s Premier League titleAfter suffering shock back-to-back defeats to Crystal Palace and Leicester City this month, Manchester City have slipped from top spot to third in the standings.Pep Guardiola’s side, who won the league crown in such dominant fashion last season, now find themselves seven points adrift of unbeaten leaders Liverpool.Redknapp’s old club Spurs aren’t doing badly either in second-place after beating Everton 6-2 at the weekend and Bournemouth 5-0 on Wednesday to extend their winning run to five matches.“I think it’s a three horse race,” Redknapp told talkSPORT. “Liverpool are the favourites now which is a big turnaround.“But Tottenham are in great form at the moment and they are genuine title contenders.“Spurs are still in it, you can’t write them off. They are bang there, the way they are playing at the moment.”Crouch: Liverpool could beat Man United to Jadon Sancho Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Peter Crouch wouldn’t be surprised to see Jadon Sancho end up at Liverpool one day instead of his long-term pursuers Manchester United.As for Chelsea and Arsenal, Redknapp doesn’t see how either of them can be considered contenders.“I can’t see anybody else getting into it,” added the 71-year-old.“I watched Arsenal yesterday and they are nowhere near in my opinion.“I know they’ve had injuries, but at the back they are still very poor.“And Chelsea are just so reliant on Eden Hazard. Without him you couldn’t really see them challenging, they’re still short of a frontman.“So really, I think there are three runners and I think it will be very tight.”Meanwhile, Liverpool legend Jamie Carragher tipped his old club to take home a first league title in 28 years.
Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppProvidenciales, 16 Nov 2015 – Gender issues were top of mind last week in the TCI during a meeting arranged by UNICEF through the Ministry of Home Affairs. Governor Peter Beckingham listed the accomplishments of women in the country; citing several leadership roles currently held by the islands’ women. The Deputy Governor is a woman. The Attorney General is a woman. The Leader of the Opposition is a woman and the Deputy Premier of the country is also a woman. The Governor cautioned though that: “…there is no room for complacency” and turned his attention to another focus of the UNICEF meetings; namely child protection. “This is a topic which will be on the agenda of the Overseas Territories’ Joint Ministerial Council next month, when UK Ministers will be discussing with Premiers the strength of child safe-guarding. Turks and Caicos, like the other Territories, will be expected over the next year to demonstrate that it has all the necessary measures in place in schools and government departments.” The meetings were held in Grand Turk and were also supported by the United Nations Women and the UK’s Department for International Development. Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Recommended for you Related Items:governor peter beckingham, ministry of home affairs, UNICEF TCI: Respect for children encouraged in MoE and UNICEF ‘Positive Discipline’ campaign More motor mishaps; PDM Leader calls for Govt attention to illegal jitneys, again DR wants consulate office in TCI
Posted: December 29, 2017 December 29, 2017 Categories: California News, Local San Diego News Tags: Carl DeMaio, Gas prices, Gas Tax FacebookTwitter Updated: 4:08 PM Mike McKinnon III 00:00 00:00 spaceplay / pause qunload | stop ffullscreenshift + ←→slower / faster ↑↓volume mmute ←→seek . seek to previous 12… 6 seek to 10%, 20% … 60% XColor SettingsAaAaAaAaTextBackgroundOpacity SettingsTextOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundSemi-TransparentOpaqueTransparentFont SettingsSize||TypeSerif MonospaceSerifSans Serif MonospaceSans SerifCasualCursiveSmallCapsResetSave SettingsWith virtually no notice to the public, Democratic politicians in the California State Legislature crammed through a massive hike to the Car and Gas Tax. Fortunately, former San Diego City Councilman Carl DeMaio and a statewide coalition of taxpayer advocates have unveiled a strategy for getting citizens involved in overturning these tax hikes! Many taxpayers are very unhappy about the new tax. Signature sheets must be mailed back by January 10th, 2017 for validation. Find out how you can sign the petition here: stopthecartax.org Latest on the Gas Tax Repeal Mike McKinnon III,
Changes in force structure planned under the Air Force’s fiscal 2017 budget request leverage all three components of the total force to support ongoing operations while ensuring the service is prepared to face future threats, officials announced Friday.The proposal continues the Air Force’s plans to transfer aircraft and flying missions to Air National Guard and Air Force Reserve locations that would otherwise have no mission due to fleet divestments. The active-duty force would remain at 317,000 personnel, with Guard and Reserve manning remain constant as well, according to a press release.“We are using the strengths of our total force team while we continue to balance readiness today and tomorrow,” said Air Force Secretary Deborah Lee James. “In this budget, we will transfer some strategic airlift capability from active-duty to Air National Guard and Air Force Reserve locations, maintaining critical surge capability in the reserve component,” James said.The service’s FY 2017 budget calls for delaying retirement of the first A-10s until FY 2018 to align with the F-35 Lightning II bed down, keeping the A-10 in the Air Force inventory until FY 2022.“This plan will allow us to maintain vital fighter capacity as we transition to the F-35 and deal with a resurgent Russia and a protracted counterterrorism war in Iraq, Afghanistan and Syria,” said Air Force Chief of Staff Gen. Mark Welsh.The plan would retire 28 C-130H Hercules aircraft between FY 2017 and FY 2019 to reduce excess capacity and free up resources. A small number of F-16 aircraft would be shifted to formal training units to increase the rate of pilot production in an effort to fill critical fighter pilot shortages.An illustration of planned aircraft retirements and relocations is available on the Air Force website. Dan Cohen AUTHOR