The purpose of the Soldotna Library Friends is to support the mission of the Joyce K. Carver Memorial Library through fundraising, advocacy and promotion. The donation will be spent as follows:$200.00 to purchase new toys for the children’s area.$500.00 to support the Library’s One Thousand Books Before Kindergarten program which enhances pre literacy education at our library.$1,000.00 to support library programs year round.$1,400.00 to be spent on promotional and other materials for the Summer Reading Program 2019. In a letter to the Soldotna City Council from City Librarian Rachel Nash: “Library staff are very grateful for the hard work and support of the Soldotna Library Friends, and for the contributions of our community donors.” FacebookTwitterEmailPrintFriendly分享The Joyce K. Carver Memorial Soldotna Public Library received a donation in the amount of $3,100 from the Soldotna Library Friends. An ordinance to appropriate the donation was introduced at the Soldotna City Council meeting on Wednesday. A public hearing will be held on May 8.
With the Lansdown Restaurant, Heineken Lounge, Pat Lam’s Plaice and the Dolman Lounge all sold out for Bristol Bears’ season opener, treat yourself to hospitality on the Sports Bar Mezzanine.This package includes:Drink on arrivalPie & mash (standing buffet)Matchday programmePadded seat in the upper Lansdown standAll for just £75+VATpp.To reserve your hospitality place, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0117 963 0630.
THE Guyana Baseball League (GBL) in conjunction with the World Baseball Softball Confederation (WBSC) held a successful Baseball5 Coaching education programme at the Georgetown Cricket Club on Thursday last.Baseball5 is a relatively new game, a formalisation of rules for a street baseball game, designed to drive the spread of baseball and softball internationally.The WBSC provided the services of international experts Professor Pablo Terry Alvarez and Mr. Orlando Amador Molina from Cuba. Participants were taught the rudiments of the game and were quickly able to demonstrate proficiency at the game to the approval of the experts.Professor Alvarez said “We have been travelling the world teaching this form of the game, where no bats or safety equipment is needed and Guyana is where we found the quickest adaption to this fast-paced version of baseball. We have recommended a series of measures to President Robin Singh for preparation for participation in the inaugural Baseball5 World Cup”Secretary General of the GBL, Devon Douglas, said “We are delighted with this format of the great game of baseball. This is exactly what our country needs, a sport that is affordable for all, that can be played in any available space and also one that challenges players physically and mentally at maximum speed”The GBL will be unveiling national plans for Baseball5 shortly.
Demba Ba has completed his move from Chelsea to Turkish club Besiktas for around £4.7m.The 29-year-old striker failed to establish himself as a first-team regular after being signed from Newcastle for £7m in January last year.He did make a notable contribution towards the end of last season, scoring five goals in eight matches; a brace against rivals Tottenham, winners against Paris St-Germain and Swansea, and the opener in Chelsea’s 2-0 victory at Liverpool.Nevertheless, he had been widely expected to move on this summer, with Blues boss Jose Mourinho keen to add top-class forwards to his squad.Newcastle were tipped to try to re-sign him, as were another of Ba’s former clubs, West Ham, but the Senegal international has left the Premier League after a three-and-a-half-year spell in England. Follow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebook See also:Ba close to completing Besiktas moveBa close to move and Luis deal is agreed
Roughly an hour after losing outside linebacker Paul Kruger on Tuesday, the Ravens sustained their biggest free-agent loss of the offseason with inside linebacker Dannell Ellerbe reaching an agreement with the Miami Dolphins.Deemed their top priority after quarterback Joe Flacco signed a six-year contract earlier this month, Ellerbe remained hopeful earlier in the day Tuesday that the sides would come to an agreement, but the 4 p.m. deadline passed without the Ravens inking the 27-year-old to a contract. According to Jason La Canfora of CBSSports.com, the deal is worth $35 million over five years.Ellerbe told WNST.net that the Ravens’ best offer was only $4.5 million per season and roughly half the guaranteed money the Dolphins awarded him.Filling in for an injured Ray Lewis for a large portion of the season, Ellerbe made seven starts and played in 13 games, collecting 92 tackles and 4 1/2 sacks. The inside linebacker missed three games in early December due to an ankle injury but rebounded to serve as arguably the Ravens’ best defensive player en route to their Super Bowl XLVII win.Originally an undrafted free agent out of Georgia in 2009, Ellerbe missed 10 games over the last two seasons as his durability has come into question throughout his career. The talented linebacker also found himself in coach John Harbaugh’s doghouse earlier in his career as his conditioning and commitment to football came into question.However, Ellerbe appeared to have arrived in his fourth NFL season as he began the season playing in the nickel package before stepping into a starting role when Lewis sustained a torn right triceps on Oct. 14.The loss of Ellerbe leaves a major void at inside linebacker as the Ravens are already facing life without the retiring Ray Lewis in the middle of the defense. The organization will hope for the best with Jameel McClain — who suffered a season-ending spinal cord contusion in December — while also looking to free agency and the draft to find an impact player at the position. Former practice-squad member Josh Bynes will also be counted on to fill a larger role within the defense.After signing Ellerbe on Tuesday afternoon, the Dolphins released veteran inside linebacker Karlos Dansby, who could be a viable short-term option for the Ravens at a reasonable cost. WNST.net’s Ryan Chell contributed to this report.
RelatedNext President Of Egypt? – Lovren Sets New Target For Phenomenal SalahFebruary 15, 2018In “Africa”Salah Scores 50th Goal for Liverpool in the Desolation of Red Star BelgradeOctober 25, 2018In “Europe”Mo Salah equals Jay-Jay Okocha in BBC African Footballer of the Year awardsDecember 14, 2018In “Africa” Liverpool forward Mohamed Salah has been a fan’s favourite due to his sensational form for Liverpool this season.He has scored 32 goals for the Reds in all competitions (including 24 Premier League goals) to propel the Reds to both the UEFA Champions League (UCL) quarterfinal and a top four spot.Salah is also gradually becoming a fan’s favourite off the pitch with his numerous acts of kindness.The latest act is the donation of 12 million Egyptian pounds (£500,000) to his local hospital in Egypt for the purchase of a bone marrow transplant machine.
KTRK-TV(HOUSTON) — A Houston police sergeant who died trying to get to work during Hurricane Harvey was remembered Friday morning at a funeral service.Sgt. Steve Perez, a 34-year veteran, was “bravely serving the city of Houston in the face of this unprecedented weather-related disaster when his vehicle entered high water,” the Houston Police Department said.Perez, a father and husband, died two days shy of his 61st birthday, according to Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo.HPD Sgt Steve Perez’s casket arrives at the Co-Cathedral of the Sacred Heart #RIP #Hounews pic.twitter.com/x1tqBd8oRk— Houston Police (@houstonpolice) September 13, 2017HPD Cadet Class arriving for funeral of Sgt Steve Perez pic.twitter.com/DP5e50OLiU— Houston Police (@houstonpolice) September 13, 2017Acevedo was emotional last month as he recounted Perez’s death.On Aug. 27, as Harvey flooded the Houston area, Perez left his home at 4 a.m. in heavy rain to try to get to work, Acevedo said. Perez later called in to say he had been driving for over two hours to get to his duty station. But he could not find a path, so he followed protocol and started heading to a secondary station, Acevedo said.On Aug. 28, Perez wasn’t present at roll call and no one could reach him, prompting an extensive search, Acevedo said. The next day, a dive team found his body; Perez had driven from an underpass into the water and died, Acevedo said.According to Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner, when Perez’s wife asked him to reconsider going into work, he told her, “I’ve got work to do.”“I’ve got work to do,” Perez told wife, who urged him to reconsider reporting for duty.— Sylvester Turner (@SylvesterTurner) August 29, 2017“The death of Sergeant Perez reminds us of the dangers that police officers willingly face every day in order to serve this great city,” the police department said. “We will go through this extremely difficult and trying time with heavy hearts, sadly reminded of the ultimate sacrifice one of our own paid.” Perez is survived by his wife, son and daughter.“Words cannot adequately express the sense of loss the Perez family and their extended Houston Police family are experiencing,” the police department said. “Our hearts and prayers go out to Sergeant’s Perez’s family, his friends, neighbors and colleagues.”Copyright © 2017, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.Powered by WPeMatico Related
iStock/Thinkstock(NEW YORK) — Here are the latest scores and winners: NATIONAL HOCKEY LEAGUEOT Columbus 2 Pittsburgh 1OT Colorado 2 Carolina 1Florida 4 Anaheim 1Copyright © 2017, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.Powered by WPeMatico Related
“Thomas is an exceptional talent and an outstanding teammate, who is impactful both on and off the ice. He is the type of player that can develop into a core member of a championship-level team in the National Hockey League,” general manager Pierre Dorion said in a press release. “He is an NHL All-Star, an elite skater and puck-mover who plays with pace and determination.”We are convinced Thomas will have a significant impact on the Ottawa Senators as we develop and grow into a highly competitive team in the coming seasons and we are extremely proud that Thomas will continue to be a key part of our team’s future success moving forward. Today is a great day of the Ottawa Senators franchise.”w8 for it… pic.twitter.com/PQbT9F0gzB— Ottawa Senators (@Senators) September 19, 2019The 22-year-old blueliner made major strides last season; after putting up nine goals and 25 points in his rookie campaign with the Senators back in 2017-18, he avoided the dreaded “sophomore slump” and thrived in his second year, posting 14 goals and 55 points in 2018-19. He was the highest-scoring defenseman on the team and third in scoring among all Ottawa skaters.His play earned him a trip to the 2019 NHL All-Star Game, and he finished 18th in Norris Trophy voting.SENATORS OFFSEASON GRADE: Ottawa ready to turn a new leaf after productive summerChabot is a proven offensive defenseman who has a knack for the net and can start the breakout. Last year, he grew more confident in his game and added more of an emphasis on scoring and getting pucks on net, putting up 185 shots. He’s also a great passer and can log a lot of minutes while playing versatile roles at even strength and on special teams. Thomas Chabot quickly became the Senators’ top defenseman, and now he’ll be staying in Ottawa for a long time.The Sens inked Chabot to an eight-year, $64 million deal, the team announced on Thursday. The deal buys out four years of unrestricted free agency and carries an AAV of $8 million. There are no bonuses on the deal and a modified NTC (10 team no-trade clause) in the final four years of his deal. The 6-2, 196-pounder is strong at both ends of the ice, able to block a lot of shots, hustle on the backcheck and force turnovers.Thomas Chabot pick pockets Ryan Johansen, snipes it and celly with thr crowd 🔥🔥 pic.twitter.com/cqbGiFKTzj— Bar South N Celly™ (@BarSouthNCelly) December 18, 2018Still, he has room for improvement. Chabot must use his size to his advantage and become more physical, and he needs to take better care of the puck.Considering the Senators are pushing toward redemption and in the hunt for a playoff spot — while also changing the culture and rebuilding the roster completely — keeping a player like Chabot gives them security on defense, as well as a rising star who has a lot of upside and is just entering the prime of his career.
David HarrisonSumner Newscow report — Wellington Police Chief Tracy Heath confirmed Friday that David Harrison, a 76-year-old man, who escaped from the Behavior Health Unit at Sumner Regional Medical Center on Wednesday, was found dead.“It is with great sorrow to report that the missing person from Sumner Regional Medical Center reported to Wellington Police on Wednesday, July 19th 2017 was found deceased,” he said in a statement. “No further information will be provided. This case is under investigation.”